Our Cornea and Contact Lens Clinic doctors are specialize in fitting contact lenses of all types and complexities along with providing comprehensive eye exams for their patients. Whether you require to be fit with commercial soft contact lenses or custom specialty contact lenses for certain visual demands, we have the eye care professionals who can help.
What are some commercial soft lens designs and modalities?
- Soft spherical contact lenses
- Soft contact lenses for astigmatism or toric
- Soft multifocal and monovision contact lenses
- Soft contact lenses for dry eye
Our residency-trained corneal specialists are able to diagnose and manage an array of corneal conditions ranging from keratoconus to post-surgical corneas and also co-manage with the patients’ ophthalmologist. At the Eye Institute, we have equipment, such as a corneal topographer or anterior segment camera, to aid in the management of these conditions.
What are some corneal conditions?
- Pellucid marginal degeneration
- Corneal dystrophies (Epithelial basement membrane dystrophy, Granular corneal dystrophy, Fuch’s endothelial corneal dystrophy, posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy)
- Post-surgical ectasias (LASIK, corneal graft or PKP, DMEK, DSAEK, DSEK, etc.)
- Corneal ulcers
- Corneal scarring
- Exposure keratopathy (Sjogren’s syndrome, Steven’s Johnson syndrome, recurrent corneal erosions, etc.)
- Ocular graft vs. host disease
- Limbal stem cell deficiency
- And much more…
Daniel Deligio, OD, FSLS, FAAO
John Gialousakis, OD, FSLS, FAAO
Jessica Jose, OD, FSLS, FAAO
Vakishan Nadarajah, OD, FSLS, FAAO
The OCULUS Pentacam is a corneal topographer that images both the front (anterior) and back (posterior) surface of the cornea to assist in the diagnosis of various corneal conditions. The data collected from the topographer is also used to monitor the progression of these conditions by comparing to previous scans performed. This instrument is not only important in corneal management but it can also be utilized in our specialty contact lens fittings which help improves the vision for patients with some of the previously listed corneal conditions.
A corneo-scleral profiling device allows an accurate collection of data from both the cornea and sclera for patients. This instrument it often utilized to aid in getting a more precise fit with specialty contact lenses. If there irregular bumps on the white part of the eye (sclera), then the image considers those areas when making a patient’s custom specialty lens.