Merima Bucaj, DO
Program Director/Clinical Assistant Professor
- D.O. – Arizona College of Osteopathic Meidcine, Glendale, Arizona
- Executive M.B.A., Healthcare Focus – W.P. Carey School of Business – Arizona State University.
- B.A. – University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- National Institute for Program Director Development (NIPDD) Fellowship Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, Leawood, KS
- Academic Medicine Fellowship – University of California, San Francisco, California
- Family Medicine Residency – Nellis Air Force Base Family Medicine Residency, Las Vegas, Nevada
- American Board of Family Medicine
CLINICAL INTERESTS AND PROCEDURES
- Full Spectrum Family Medicine
- Procedures including OMT and Auricular Accupuncture
- Refugee Medicine
- Wilderness Medicine
Dr. Bucaj loves full spectrum family medicine. Her special interests are in refugee medicine, wilderness medicine, osteopathic manipulative treatment, and colonoscopies. She invest in her patients and their care. Dr. Bucaj finds that the best results are achieved when the provider and the patient partner in that care. Her philosophy of care is rooted in partnering with her patients in order to deliver comprehensive, evidence-based care by evaluating and treating the whole patient. Dr. Bucaj looks forward to establishing long lasting relationships based on trust, mutual respect and understanding of each of her patient’s goals of care. Dr. Bucaj was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and entered the United States as a refugee. In her early years she worked on mastering English and biomedical science to reach her dream of becoming a physician. With her desire to serve others she comissioned into the United States Air Force and is a combat veteran. Dr. Bucaj’s passions are caring for her patients and making strong, lasting bonds with the people she has the priviledge to care for along with her passion for teaching and serving her community.