Shanyn Lancaster, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
- MD – Wayne State University (Detroit, MI)
- BSB – University of Minnesota, Finance (Minneapolis-St. Paul MN)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship – Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit, MI)
- Family Medicine Residency – Columbia-St. Mary’s/Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI)
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualification, Sports Medicine
CLINICAL INTERESTS AND PROCEDURES
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Family medicine advocacy
- Eating Disorder Care
- Physician Health and Well-Being
Board certified in family medicine and sports medicine, Shanyn Lancaster, MD provides comprehensive care to all ages. As a former Big Ten gymnast and after nearly 20 years in the sport, she has a special interest in treating athletes of every age and sport level. She believes that exercise is a form of medicine and hopes to help everyone win their personal version of the Super Bowl.
Her experience includes work as the first Head Team physician in the Pac-12 while serving as the Chief of Sports Medicine at Arizona State University. She was also the Assistant Director of Marquette University Medical Clinic and has taken care of high school to professional and Olympic athletes. She has been fortunate to collaborate with USA Swimming/Olympic Training Center, PGA Championships, and the Detroit Tigers baseball organization. Dr. Lancaster has been privileged to be a sideline physician for Ironman World Championships, NCAA Men’s Final Four, NCAA football national championship game and multiple bowl games, NCAA Triathlon National Championship race as well as the NCAA Women’s College World Series.
Dr. Lancaster’s expertise has been highlighted at conferences across the nation on diverse topics. She is also Yoga Teacher Training certified, loves live music and her Peloton.