Feeding and Swallowing Therapy for Children
January 8, 2022
In addition to evidence-based speech and language assessment and treatment for individuals across
the lifespan, the Midwestern University Therapy Institute Speech-Language Pathology team now
offers pediatric diagnostic and therapeutic swallowing services for children from birth to 8 years.
We welcome children who demonstrate any of the following signs of feeding or swallowing difficulties:
• Coughing or choking during or after swallowing
• Disengagement or refusal to nurse or bottle feed, by facial grimacing or turning away from food source
• Difficulty transitioning from pureed to solid foods or from bottle feeding to cup drinking
• Taking longer than 30 minutes to finish meals or snacks
• Refusing foods of certain textures
• Holding food in mouth or spitting out partially chewed food
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 623-537-6000.