Multispecialty Clinic Seeks Study Participants for Automated Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
March 24, 2017
The Midwestern University Multispecialty Clinic in Glendale, Arizona is seeking participants for a study to determine how well an investigational computer program can analyze photos of the retina. The photos will be examined for signs of a common vision-threatening complication of diabetes known as diabetic retinopathy.
Participants will be screened and may be eligible based on the following general enrollment criteria.
- Be at least 22 years old
- Have been diagnosed with diabetes
Subjects should expect to:
- Answer questions about their health on the phone and in person
- Visit the Midwestern University Multispecialty Clinic in Glendale, Arizona for an appointment lasting one and one-half to two hours
- Have their pupils dilated
- Have a total of 22 photos of the eye taken with two cameras
- Receive limited compensation for time and travel
If you or someone else you know among your friends or family members would like more information or to check eligibility, please contact:
The Institute for Healthcare Innovation